This design was inspired by one of the most important inscription engraved in stone and written in ancient Hebrew script, describes the moment when the two groups of quarriers connected the tunnel they were digging. The tunnel routed the waters of the Gihon Spring to the Shiloah Pool within the City of David's boundaries. The tunnel was completed for King Hezekiah at the end of the 8th century BCE. This complex feat of engineering was part of the preparations to protect Jerusalem from the perceived Assyrian threat as described in Chronicles 2, 32-30. The inscription was discovered in 1880 and was then transferred to Istanbul, where it remains until this day.